Thursday, January 27, 2011

30 Before I'm 30

I've seen one of my friends blogging about this, and I've been inspired (thanks Michelle G!).  The general idea is to make a list of 30 things you'd like to accomplish before turning thirty.  So, I thought I'd give it a try and see what happens.  I'm actually only 28 now, but I figure I'm such a procrastinator that I should "start" now.  I've been keeping a running list on my phone for basically this entire month and finally figured out my 30th thing last night, so, I thought I should go on and post it now and attempt to get started (keep me accountable, y'all)!  Keep in mind as you read the list that some of these things aren't so much going to be accomplishments as they will be habits I'd like to establish in my life.  So, here it is, my 30 before I'm 30 list:

1.  Have a baby (this should surprise no one)
2.  Move to a house OR be actively looking for a house
3.  Pay off 2 credit cards
4.  Lose weight (no real plan on how to accomplish this one yet, but I'll figure it out, and yes, I do have a number in mind)
5.  Visit someplace new
6.  Finish our wedding scrapbook (as my friend Michelle G would say, Don't Judge!)
7.  Finish our honeymoon scrapbook (again, Don't Judge!)
8.  Travel to a new country
9.  Andrew (he should be on this list, and I can't have a baby without him!)
10. Frame my TX certification
11. Tithe regularly
12. Drink 8 glasses of water a day (sure hope my bladder can handle this one . . . I think I've been dehydrated for most of my life)
13. Learn to sew
14. Accumulate some savings - preferably $1000+
15. Read at least one new book a month (love reading, so this shouldn't be too hard...)
16. Organize my life!  (I know this is broad, but it needs to be done just the same)
17. Do a light clean once a week
18. Do a deep clean once a month
19. Cook a four course meal
20. Have friends over for dinner once a month
21. Cut my Dr. Pepper consumption by half (gasp!)
22. Do 1 outdoor activity a day in the Spring, Summer, and Fall (sorry Winter, but you're just too cold)
23. Organize my craft supplies
24. Clean out my clothes and get rid of ones that don't fit/haven't been worn in over a year
25. Go through college papers, etc. and toss or organize
26. Do 100 sit ups/crunches a day
27. Make a budget and stick to it (the sticking to it will be the hard part)
28. Resolve my gallbladder issues
29. Start running (ugh)
30. Have a t-shirt quilt made out of my Baylor tees

Well . . . there it is . . . 30 before 30.  I'd like to think I can actually accomplish all of these things in one year and 6.5 months, but we'll see.  I tried to only put "doable" things on my list (I know my limits!) and I'd say the one I'm most concerned about is starting to run.  I truly wish I liked running, but I absolutely hate it.  Inside, outside, it doesn't matter.  I'm not a fan.  But, neither have I given it a real chance.  So, I figure before I'm thirty I should at least give it a chance.  I actually told my brother this last summer that I hate running so much, I would only run if I was being chased, then I thought about it and said, "no, not even then . . . I'd probably just let the person catch me!"  so I think out of everything on my list that will be the most challenging habit to start.  We'll see.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  Wish me luck! =)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! My name is Tish! I'm a friend of Michelle's who is also doing this a 30 before 30 list. Nice list! So how's it coming? Nict to meet you!

    Tish

    ReplyDelete