Saturday, January 8, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Yesterday afternoon it started snowing . . . and snowing  . . . and snowing until finally around 9:00 or so it stopped.  It was coming down pretty heavily (as you can see) for most of that time.  Now, most of you know that I adamantly do NOT like snow - at least not the snow you get up here.  Texas snow I'm fine with...the kind of snow that goes away.  I don't like the snow that sticks around forever! But, I will say that for the first day or so, it is quite beautiful.  So, I (of course) took lots of pictures.  They vary in time to when the snow first started, to a few hours into it, to last night after it had stopped, to this morning and what the world looks like covered in snow during the day.  I think one of the things I'll miss when our time in Connecticut is up will be the look of everything covered in snow right after a big snowstorm like the one we had last night.  Gorgeous!  Enjoy the photos, and remember Texas folk, while you may be jealous now, I have to look at this snow for probably about 2 more months before it starts (yes, I said starts) to melt! ;o)



while it was still snowing

still snowing . . .

snowing . . .

snowing . . .

snowing . . .

snowing . . . this was towards the beginning of the snow - some of this snow was already there from over Christmas break

snowing . . .

I love the look of snow covered branches.  so pretty


outside our patio

outside our patio

look at all of that snow!  my car is the one in the middle...it was there for the whole snowstorm!

gorgeous!

this morning around the complex

this morning around the complex

this morning around the complex

this morning around the complex

this morning around the complex

this morning around the complex

beautiful



snow covered tree


snow covered berries
so pretty - winter at its finest!

1 comment: