Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 1 & 2 Update

In my last blog I made a list of 30 things I want to do (or habits I'd like to actually be able to call habits) before I'm 30.  So, after 2 weeks, here's what I've accomplished:

3.  Pay off two credit cards - not paid off by any means, but making payments and shrinking total amount due.
4.  Lose weight - nope, not yet.  But, we have switched our gym membership and actually gone twice!  I know, that's really not much, but considering we haven't gone since October (ok, really it's more like August if we're being totally honest here), 2 times in 2 weeks is an improvement!  We'll keep working on this! =)
6.  Finish wedding scrapbook - I've been working on it and it's getting closer!
7.  Finish honeymoon scrapbook - I've also been working on this, and it is closer as well!
9.  Andrew - done! ;o)
15.  Read at least 1 new book a month - January, I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian (hard to believe, but I've never read The Chronicles of Narnia - I'm really enjoying them!)
16.  Get life organized - no, my life is not organized yet, but my closet is!  Yay!
17.  Do a light clean once a week - by light I mean dust, vacuum, cleanser sinks, clean toilets, clean mirrors..., Well, I did this one out of two weeks so, I wouldn't call it a success per say (but it's not a fail either!).  I still need to work towards establishing this habit!
24.  Clean out clothes - I kinda did this when I organized my closet, however (due to small closets here) I was only able to do my winter clothes.  My summer clothes are in storage, so I'll have to go through them when it gets warmer here.  And, I still need to go through my drawers and stuff, so ... started, but not accomplished yet.
28.  Resolve gallbladder issues - I am happy to say that I have scheduled my gallbladder surgery for March 8 - 1 month from yesterday!  Yikes!!
30.  Have a t-shirt quilt made out of college tees - I have picked out the shirts I want to use, so now I just need to find a place and give them my shirts (o yeah, and have money to pay for it . . . thinking this one may be accomplished as a birthday or Christmas gift from mom and dad!)

Obviously, I still have a ways to go towards accomplishing my list, but I've got lots of time to do it and feel like I've made a pretty good start 2 weeks in.  Yay me! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. T-Shirt place...I saw an Ad for one in a magazine I have...remind me tonight.

    ReplyDelete