Friday, May 27, 2011

30 Before 30 Progress . . .

Clearly, I'm not keeping up with informing the public about my progress as well as I should be.  Alas, life is busy.  But I'm here now with a few moments to log some more progress, so here goes:

3.  Pay off 2 credit cards - 2 have been paid off and we are getting closer and closer to paying off a third.  My American Express card should be paid off in less than a year (but I'm hoping we can do it way quicker than that)!  I'm thinking we'll be able to do it sooner.

4.  Lose weight (no real plan on how to accomplish this one yet, but I'll figure it out, and yes, I do have a number in mind) - At my weigh-in this week I lost 3 pounds!!!  Total weight loss since Valentine's Day: about 15 pounds.  Definitely more to go, but feeling successful so far!

5.  Visit someplace new - making plans to go to Maine in September for a wedding

9.  Andrew (he should be on this list, and I can't have a baby without him!)

15. Read at least one new book a month (love reading, so this shouldn't be too hard...) - I finished Mini Shopaholic (very cute) and am now reading This Side of Heaven.  I LOVE Karen Kingsbury books and have read almost all of them.  Generally speaking, they all make me cry (in a good way), but this one is quite the tear jerker.  But, tears and all, it's a really good book and I expect to finish it pretty soon.

20. Have friends over for dinner once a month - Yay!  Finally, we were able to do this!  We had friends over a few weekends ago and made burgers and fries and then went out for ice cream.  It was a really enjoyable evening and we look forward to doing it again.  Already planning a fondue night for June . . .

21. Cut my Dr. Pepper consumption by half (gasp!) - done!  (I'm not sure if I should be proud of myself, or hang my head in shame . . .!)

22. Do 1 outdoor activity a day in the Spring, Summer, and Fall (sorry Winter, but you're just too cold) - not doing great at this one, but not doing horribly either.  However, in my defense, it's been rainy and chilly here for the last 2 weeks.  But, we did have a few sunny days here and there and I've walked puppy, had coffee outside one day, and some other random things I can't quite remember right now.

24. Clean out my clothes and get rid of ones that don't fit/haven't been worn in over a year - I've cleaned out the clothes I have access to for now.  Summer clothes will have to wait until we get them out of storage . . . hmmmm, maybe we should plan to do that this weekend!  YAY SUMMER!

26. Do 100 sit ups/crunches a day - yep.  I'm close to calling this one a habit now.  I do them every night either at the gym (if we go) or at home before going to bed. 

28. Resolve my gallbladder issues

29. Start running (ugh) - nope, not yet.  But, I've been thinking about it, which is more than I could have said a few months ago.  Especially since the weather is nice now and we have a paved "trail" very close to our apartment . . . we'll see what happens.

30. Have a t-shirt quilt made out of my Baylor tees - I've picked the tees, just need to pick a place and have money to pay them!


Making progress . . . =)

No comments:

Post a Comment