Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Big 3-0

On September 4, 2010, Andrew turned thirty.  Turning thirty seems like it would be a huge (and for some people traumatic) ordeal.  I have to say, Andrew handled it really well.  I like to tease him about being thirty and how old he is now (especially since I'm only 28), but honestly, he takes it really well.  Maybe it's not such a big deal for guys.  I don't know.  I will say that I have observed the fact that as men age they look distinguished and sexy, whereas when women age - sorry girls - we just look old!  It is so unfair! 


Andrew's parents were here visiting for his birthday, so we had a really nice time.  The night before his birthday was a Friday so we stayed up late playing Speed Scrabble and Mexican Train.  At midnight, Andrew said, "It's technically my birthday now . . . can I open my presents?"  I found it so funny that he was so eager to celebrate his birthday!  I'm one to wait as long as possible to draw out the excitement and suspense.  Clearly, Andrew is not!  Anyway, he opened his presents and then we went to bed.
getting ready

opening more presents
a new jacket









 
On the day of his birthday, we spent the day in Hartford touring the Mark Twain house and the Harriet Beecher Stowe house. 

Harriet Beecher Stowe House
Mark Twain House












For dinner, we went to Southern Que (a Carolina barbecue place some friends introduced us to) and then had cake.  He wanted cake from a bakery here that we've found so, no, I did not make that beautiful cake you see pictured above.  I did, however, add thirty candles to it and made him blow them out!  (And can I just say, thirty candles creates A LOT of heat!!)  Anyway, that's how we spent Andrew's thirtieth birthday and I think he had a really good time . . . Maybe turning thirty isn't so traumatic after all.  Guess I'll find out in 2 years . . . I'll let you know how that goes! ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment