Saturday, July 2, 2011

For Mom

I posted about how great my Dad is for Father's Day, but I never posted about my mom.  This was not intentional.  I wasn't inspired to blog until Father's Day, and fully intended to follow that one up with one about my mom.  So, better late than never, here is my blog about how great my mom is.

My mom is my rock.  It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly strong this little tiny woman is.  And, I know that no matter what is going on in my life, she's always got my back.  I draw my strength from my mother.  She had scoliosis when she was young and had back surgery for it, so she spent a good many months on her back healing.  Her back gets tired easily, and hurts frequently, but she powers through it and does so very much for my family.  Every time Andrew and I have moved, she is right there helping us.  When I was in college, she would occasionally come and clean my apartment for me (yes, I realize that just proves how spoiled I am).  She takes me shopping and buys me things "just because."  She calls me every Tuesday - even when we have nothing to say (because, let's face it . . . not much is happening in Waco, or Hamden for that matter) just to tell me she loves me and misses me.  She prays for me.  She encourages me.  I love my mom.  I would never call her my best friend, as so many girls I know do with their moms.  I don't think she would want me to.  We aren't best friends, nor do we want to be.  She's so much more than that because she's my mom.  She disciplined me when I needed to be.  She listened when I needed her to, hugged me when I wanted her to, and (mostly) made growing up fun.  I think I get my love of children from her, which is one of the greatest gifts she's given me.  She is truly amazing.  She even went back to school when I graduated from college.  My mom is so very giving of her time, and herself.  I couldn't have asked for a better mother and am so glad God blessed me with the one He did.  I am confident in my abilities as a mother (someday) because of all I have already learned from her - and all I still have to learn.  Thanks Mom, I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment