Saturday, July 2, 2011

30 before 30 Update

Once again, slow about updating, but making progress nonetheless.  Here goes:

3.  Pay off 2 (more) credit cards - We're planning to make a huge payment this month and pay off my American Express card.  Next up, Andrew's Hawaiian Visa.  That'll make it 3 down, 5 to go before we're credit card debt FREE!

4.  Lose weight  - Still working on it and the number on the scale continues to move in the right direction.  Slowly but surely, the weight is coming off.  Who knows . . . maybe by this time next year I'll have made my goal weight.  Man, that would be nice! =)

9.  Andrew  - Done!

15. Read at least one new book a month - I just finished reading Karen Kingsbury's Unlocked.  As always, she didn't disappoint.  I really enjoyed this book.  Now, I am rereading (for I don't know how many times . . . maybe 4 or 5) the Twilight series.  I finished Twilight in 3 days and am now rereading New Moon.  I LOVE these books.

16. Organize my life! - Working on organizing the guest room.  Right now it's a HUGE mess, but I have faith that it'll all come together (hopefully before my mom comes to visit in August, seeing as how she'll need a place to sleep . . .).

20. Have friends over for dinner once a month - Yeah . . . not doing so great on this one.  It's hard to schedule a convenient time for both us and our friends.  However, we are going out to dinner with some friends tonight.  Does that count?

21. Cut my Dr. Pepper consumption by half (gasp!) - Done!

22. Do 1 outdoor activity a day in the Spring, Summer, and Fall - Not doing great at this one, but not a complete failure either.  I've started keeping a list so I'll know when I do it and what I've done.  So, on 5/28 and 6/4, we were in NYC - lots of outside time and lots of walking.  6/7 - C25K; 6/8 - walk Tanner; 6/9, 6/14, and 6/16 - C25K; 6/18 - walk Tanner and Gillette Castle; 6/19 - lay out at pool; 6/20 - lay out at pool; 6/21 - C25K; 6/22 - rain; 6/23 - C25K, walk Tanner; 6/24 - walk Tanner; 6/25 - lay out at pool, bike ride; 6/26 - outdoor graduation party; 6/27 - lay out at pool; 6/28 - reading by the pool; 6/29 - lay out at pool.  Not every day, but I was definitely outside quite a bit.

26. Do 100 sit ups/crunches a day - With the exception of a couple of days, I've done this one every night.

28. Resolve my gallbladder issues - Done!

29. Start running (ugh) - Well, I still don't like it, but I'm doing it.  I have started doing the C25K app - Couch to 5K.  As far as running goes, it's not awful.  I like that it eases you into running, and it's only 30 minutes.  I'm 4 weeks into it and slacking a bit.  You're supposed to do it every other day, so I was running on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  However, by the second week I had awful shin splints and my knees hurt too.  So, it's hard to stay motivated, but I'm trying.  Most recently, I ran on the treadmill instead of outside and it was a little better.  We'll see . . . But, technically I guess I can cross this off my list, since I have started!  =) 

30. Have a t-shirt quilt made out of my Baylor tees - Tees are picked.  Now I just need money to pay someone to assemble them!

No comments:

Post a Comment