Sunday, June 5, 2011

6th Anniversary in NYC

On June 4, 2005 (6 years ago), Andrew and I were married.  We had a lovely wedding in Waco, took a limo to Dallas and spent the night, and then flew to NYC for our honeymoon on June 5.  We had the most amazing time, and ever since then, NYC has been one of my favorite places.  I LOVE being in the city.  It has such a great energy, and there's so much to do.  Andrew and I have been many times now, since we live so close (one BIG bonus of living up here) and every time we go, it's exciting and wonderful and different and it never disappoints.  Yesterday was no exception (except for this delightful bakery that was closed before we could get there to enjoy the yumminess that is cupcakes . . . that was definitely disappointing).  Anyway, we got there in time for a late lunch at 'Wichcraft, a tasty sandwich place located all over the city - we ate at the one in Bryant Park, a nice outdoor venue.  Then we hiked over to the subway and caught a train to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Because it was the first full weekend of the month, and we are Bank of America cardholders, we got in for FREE!  We strolled around looking at several of the exhibits for 3.5 - 4 hours.  By the end, our feet were VERY tired.  We left the museum and walked over to a quaint Italian restaurant - Bello Giardino.  Very good, but a wee bit overpriced.  We thought we had left ourselves plenty of time to make it back to Grand Central Station and the bakery - Crumbs - located just around the corner.  Sadly, we did not.  We waited for a subway that took it's sweet time coming and just missed getting to eat dessert there.  Not surprisingly, I was a bit of a baby about it (I do love cupcakes and I had really been looking forward to eating one from Crumbs for at least a week) and I may have shed some tears.  I know it's stupid, and I am ashamed of myself for ending such a wonderful day on such a sour note.  But, all in all, it was still a really great day spent with my love and we had fun together.

First exhibit we looked at - Egypt:





Then, we looked at Arms and Armor:



this one was made for a 5 year old!!

After that, we looked at the Sculptures:

Wind

Fire

Water

Earth  
We went up to the rooftop garden for a bit (it was cold!):



Finally, we looked at the Impressionist's Paintings:

Van Gogh - Wheat Field and Cypress Tree

Cezanne - The House with Cracked Walls
     
Degas - Dancers Practicing at the Bar
don't remember the painter, but the colors were gorgeous and I liked the technique

on the steps of the museum

1 comment:

  1. I try to visit a museum everytime I go into the city! So glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete