Friday, March 4, 2011

Valentine's Day Gift

So, after I posted on Facebook that I had almost finished making Andrew's Valentine's Day gift, many of you asked for a picture, so, this is what I made him:



I found this idea on a blog called cozy cottage cute.  She actually punched out cute words from a "tattered, old book."  I didn't have any tattered, old books, nor could I bring myself to destroy a book that way, so I typed up some love poems (Elizabeth Barrett Browning, etc) and then punched out words from those.  I think it came out pretty cute.  =)

And, after our traditional "fancy" homemade dinner of tenderloin steak with gorgonzola and herbs and grape tomato and garlic pasta with arugula and basil, we had dessert!  A new one called Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes, and boy, was it tasty!!!  Here is a  pic of that:

It's layered mini strawberry champagne cupcakes, champagne buttercream frosting, champagne soaked strawberries, and chocolate ganache served in a champagne flute.  And, it's all made from scratch!  (I think dessert actually took longer to make than dinner!)  YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment