Friday, November 26, 2010

10 Things I'm Thankful For . . .

It's the day after Thanksgiving and I'm ready to reflect on all the things I'm thankful for.  So, while many people are out starting their Christmas shopping on Black Friday, I'd like to relax and take a few minutes to express my thankfulness during this Thanksgiving time of year.

1.  I am first and foremost thankful for my God, who loves me so much that He sent His Son to die for me.  What greater gift is there than that?  He is amazing and He is faithful and I am thankful He calls me His daughter and continues to bless me. 

2.  I am thankful for my family.  I have the most amazing family and I am so grateful for each and every one of them.  My husband loves me and takes care of me.  My parents are such a great example to me of both what godly parents and a christian marriage should look like.  My brother is so incredibly caring and loving.  And my extended family is full of laughter and love.  I truly love them all and thank God for blessing me with each of them.

3.  I am thankful for my friends, both old and new.  It is so nice to have friends that, even if you haven't seen them in a long time, you can still pick up where you left off and it's like no time has passed.  My friends are always there for me when I need them, ready to lend a helping hand or say a prayer.  I couldn't have asked for better people to cross my path and "do life" with me. 

4.  I am thankful for  my job(s).  In this economy, I am blessed to have found a job, and a job I really love at that.  I recently started working retail at Michael's and I am having such a good time doing it.  It is nice to work with adults and I like every person I work with, which is a blessing.  While I still miss teaching, this is a great opportunity for me to have in the meantime.  And, I've met some really great people I wouldn't have met otherwise.  I also am working at Futures, a tutoring company, and am thankful for the opportunity to continue working with children.  After being unemployed for so long, it is wonderful to have a job and be busy again. 

5.  I am thankful for Tanner, our dog.  He is just so lovable and sweet.  He brings us joy and keeps us laughing.  We couldn't have asked for a better dog.

6.  Silly though this may sound, I am thankful for indoor plumbing.  I'm not sure I could have survived back before indoor plumbing existed. 

7.  I am thankful for laughter.  It is so nice to be able to laugh joyously and loudly.  I am thankful that in these difficult times, there are things to laugh at - even ourselves!  Laughter really is the best medicine.

8.  I am thankful for good books.  I love reading - it is one of my favorite ways to pass the time.  I'm always reading (or rereading) a good book.  I'm thankful that there are so many good books to read and for the ability to be able to read and enjoy them.  Books are such a nice escape from real life.  I love getting lost in someone else's story.

9.  I am surprisingly thankful for learning things the hard way.  I feel like when you have a life lesson to learn, when you learn it the hard way you remember it better and hopefully don't have to learn it again.  So, if it's a lesson I need to learn, and because I only want to learn it/be taught it once, I am thankful for learning things the hard way.

10.  Last, but not least, I am thankful for good doctors.  During this season of my life, I have been struggling with some stomach issues and I am thankful for doctors who take the time to figure out what is wrong and who are able to make it better. 

So there it is.  Ten things I am thankful for.  What are you thankful for during this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment